But anyway, today's post comes from the Nutritionist! With lots of people making New Year's Resolutions last month to lose weight (myself included), I have gathered some tips and tricks on losing weight that have helped me in the past (I lost 30 pounds last year and have kept 2o of it off!)
1. DON'T SKIP BREAKFAST! - I am not a breakfast person in general but I find that if I eat cereal, fruit or toast with my coffee, I am more able to wait for lunch than waste a snack at 10am.
2. DON'T SKIP OUT ON A FAVORITE FOOD! - when you pass on one of your favorites, you FEEL like your dieting and it makes you want it more. Have a small portion of a favorite and be happy.
3. EATING OUT - when going to a restaurant, look at the menu on line and decide in advance what you are going to have, something grilled and light on the sauce!
4. NOT COUNTING EVERY BITE- all those little "tastes" add up in the end! Even if you are not going to account for it, it still happened! Setting some rules like, "I don't eat in the car or watching TV" can help.
5. EXPECTING TOO MUCH TOO SOON - "Well, I have been dieting for a week and I haven't lost anything!" The only healthy way to lose weight is "slow and steady"...around 2 pounds per week. When you set your expectations too high, you are easily dissapointed.
~adapted from Weight Watchers online
OK so on to our challenge for today! "You are what you eat!" Make a card using anything that is edible...food, drinks, whatever!
Well, if we are living in fantasy land, I am a CUPCAKE! Since I bought this Martha Stewart cupcake punch I am anyway! I just love this thing! I have made myself a cute and yummy stash of these cupcake cards using up all my scraps, how awesome is that!?
and a birthday cupcake card....the possibilites are endless! I crimped a piece of creamy caramel for the cupcake base first and then punched it so it looks like a cupcake cup.
recipe (for both cards)- stamps- Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics, Mega Mixed Messages, polka dot basics
cardstock- certainly celery, tempting turquoise, white, creamy caramel, scraps of PP
ink- tempting turquoise, black
accessories- ribbon, scallop punch, black sharpie marker, crimper
Here is a card my 6 y/o daughter Gia did for this challenge too...she wants to be a cupcake also!
Please use the keyword RESQ33 if you upload your project to Splitcoaststampers or another online gallery. And don't forget to link your blog or gallery back here in the comments section so everyone can check out your creations! Thanks for playing along!