One of the first things you learn in nursing school used to be how to make a bed. All tucked in nice and neat. You also need to know this in the military and for camp. When I started out in nursing school it was one of the things I haven't forgotten and ALWAYS do (to the dismay of my husband who like the sheets all hanging out!)
Here is a video on how to do it:
So today I want to see some unique folding on your cards! You can make any kind of special fold card or go crazy and try some origami! Here are some sites and suggestions for you:
1. Origami Instructions.com - this site has so many awesome instructions for everything from simple stuff the kids can do to more elaborate things like a VASE! so COOL!
2. Dahlia Fold - this fold makes the prettiest flowers...make one or a bunch! And this is a great tutorial...
3. Diaper Fold Pouch - this one makes cute little quick and easy favors! Plus this has a video tutorial from Beate Johns (love her cute little accent!)
4. Easel Card - with just a few different folds you have a card that will stand up anywhere! Perfect for a desk or mantle!
5. Folded Picture Frame- I just did one of these for the VSN mini challenge by Carol on SCS this past weekend...makes such a great focal point!
I would love to see some new folds so if you have one (with a tutorial would be AWESOME) I wanna see it! In the meantime I will be making my beds with hospital corners just to piss off my hubby! LOL
And don't forget to use the linking tool below to link us to your creation and if you're uploading to an online gallery, use the keyword or tag RESQ43.
Here is my sample...I used the Folded Picture Frame technique with one of my favorite SU sets, Beautiful Beach....It's hard to see in the picture but there is a layer of acetate that I stamped the sentiment on over the center shell....and yes, that is a REAL shell in the corner!