Monday, May 4, 2009

Challenge #7 Freshly Cut....MEAT!

Happy May!

Today's challenge is brought to you by me.....Denise!

So, I don't know about you guys but I have been ITCHING for Summer! I don't even care about spring anymore, I just want summer! I love all things about summer but most of all I love to Barbeque! My hubby is a grilling connoisseur, he loves to try all new recipes and techniques. At the beginning of the summer we take a trip to the big fancy butcher shop and buy a bunch of FRESHLY CUT MEAT! We buy a whole filet mignon, some porter house steaks and even a few Aged T-Bone steaks!
*PS my apologies to any vegetarians out there!*



*Images courtesy of Windstorm Ranch...my these look delicious!

Ok, now that you are all drooling over your computers and saying,
"OK Denise what does this have to do with STAMPING????"

Well, one of things that shows a great, freshly cut piece of meat is "MARBLING"

marbling: (noun)

  • A mottling or streaking that resembles marble.
  • The process or operation of giving something the surface appearance of marble.
  • The decorative imitation of marble patterns printed on page edges and endpapers of books.
  • Flecks or thin strips of fat, especially when evenly distributed in a cut of meat.

  • So, for today's challenge, I want to see some MARBLING on your cards. There are several ways to do this...(and probably more you can think of that I haven't!) Links are given for tutorials here too...

    1. Shaving Cream technique (one of my FAVS!) to make a marbled looking background

    2. Faux Shaving Cream technique

    3. Polished Stone technique

    4. Ink, Spray and Smash technique can give a marbleized look too

    5. Use a marbled looking patterned paper (try basic grey...the solid colored ones)

    6. Magic Snowflake technique looked "marbeley" to me...

    7. Or get literal and actually use MARBLES...Rolling Marble Technique


    Or whatever you can come up with!

    Here is my sample:

    I used the regular shaving cream technique with pretty outrageous color combo...
    pixie pink, wild wasabi and tempting turquoise!
    A pretty simple card but I am loving how the BG came out!

    recipe: stamps: Unity Mix up of Cuteness
    paper: pixie pink, tempting turquoise, glossy white, PTI white
    ink: tempting turquoise, pixie pink, wild wasabi reinkers and copic markers, Palette noir
    accessories: ribbon, square rhinestones, chipboard tag

    I'll be back later in the week to give this one another try...a little more complex card, I promise!

    Remember, there are no time limits, vendor restrictions or other rules for the challenge. It's only for fun and inspiration. When uploading your card to Splitcoaststampers, Papercraft Planet, StampTV or any other site, please use the keyword RESQ07. And whenever you upload to a site or you blog, be sure to link back here using so we can all see what you've done! You can also use Mr. Linky below!


    Don't forget to join us tomorrow for the launch of our newest challenge hosted by Jacqueline....I promise you will be in for some fun!

    8 comments:

    1. Real women eat MEAT! Great challenge write up and idea, D! Now I've got to go get some grillers for supper, thank you very much!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh my, yes, I am drooling....I love a good grilled steak!
      What a fabby challenge! I'll try to play along, I'm on vacation with limited supplies,eek!
      take care all and have a lovely week!
      Blessings, Maria

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yum! Delicious challenge, Denise! I think I have some marbled paper, too!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Now this is clever! I will get to work on this one tonight!

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a super fun and summery card!!! I love the colors!!! Okeedokee.........meat it is!!! LOL

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a creative write-up and lead in to your challenge Denise. Your example is adorable.

      ReplyDelete
    7. This was fun! I am looking forward to checking out the gallery..and trying it with other colors! Thanks for a fun one..really was "playing". Helen

      ReplyDelete

     
    Blog Designed by: GoodBlogHelpers.blogspot.com