Monday, May 4, 2009

IT'S NOT TRASH...IT'S ART!!!

Welcome [friends] to the debut of Trashy Tuesday here at the ResQ Challenge! I’m so excited to be adding Trashy Tuesday our line-up and look forward to seeing the “trash” you create. If you ask my ResQ peeps who the “naughty” one of the group is, 10 to 1 they say, “Jacqueline”. So, leave it to me to stir things up a bit. My sense of humor can be a little off the wall at times (some may call it twisted or deviant) but let’s just say I just like to make people laugh. I laugh at myself for scrutinizing each piece of trash before I actually throw it away...afterall, I could maybe use it for something. That's how I came up with the idea for Trasy Tuesdays.

So, here’s what I’m thinking…Trashy Tuesdays will incorporate a trash related theme or item into the challenge each week. We may use actual trash, we might “talk trash”, or we may come up with something inspired by trash. The main point is to have fun and add a little humor to your Tuesdays. And remember, look at it as art, not trash!

For our first challenge use something that you would normally throw away without a second thought. In my example below I used the little container that Piper's (my Pomeranian) Frontline flea treatment comes in. As I was getting ready to throw it in the trash can, my hand suddenly jerked back before I actually let go of the little container. Now, it's a little vase instead.

That's your challenge this week...use your imagination and creativity and incorporate your own trashy twist to your card. Can't wait to see what y'all come up with.




recipe:
stamps: SU! Heartfelt Thanks
paper: garden green, tangerine tango, apricot appeal
ink: tangerine tango, apricot appeal
accessories: ribbon, dew drops, dimensionals, Cuttlebug Paisley embossing folder,
SU Top Note

Remember, there are no time limits, vendor restrictions or other rules for the challenge. It's only for fun and inspiration. When uploading your card to Splitcoaststampers, Papercraft Planet, StampTV or any other site, please use the keyword RESQ01TT. And whenever you upload to a site or you blog, be sure to link back here using so we can all see what you've done! You can also use Mr. Linky below!

9 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Whew, I was almost a little worried about how "R" rated this woudl be Jacq! ROFL.....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Now to look through the trash...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be fun! Great "trashy" challenge, Jacq!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is totally AWEsome Jacq!!!! Yeah....I think you definitely are flying under the PG-13 rating this week!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful challenge Jacq! I will be on the look-out for something to use this week. Very creative thinking with the flee treatment container!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My apologies if this is post# 2..my computer doesn't show any of the comments, links I put in. Fun challenge and I finally got to use the buckles I just couldn't pitch! Thanks for starting up Trashy Tues..now I can really save stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the challenge, Jacq. Can't wait to see what people do with it. I was expecting something totally different.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't see your card in the gallery so I came back here to comment. I love the tangerine and apricot together. A vase was the perfectuse for the flea treatment container. Awesome sample.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally got this one done! Love the challenge, Jacq!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Designed by: GoodBlogHelpers.blogspot.com